Update – China Visa Information & Current NOTAMS
China Visa Regulations
- China Immigration is strictly enforcing their regulations and inspection concerning foreign corporate jets.
- To avoid complications, kindly ensure that your adhere to the immigration regulations as stated below.
i. Please make sure that all crew members must secure valid crew visa (category C) prior to arrival in China. Passenger must also secure valid visa (any type of visa except category C).
ii. Both the operator and his agent shall be guilty of an offence and will be liable to a heavy fine if any crew or passengers are found without visa or holding invalid visa on arrival.
iii. Should a crew member land without a valid Chinese visa, the result might be immediate deportation
- Kindly review the following requirements concerning your General Declaration.
i. If the operator or his agent fails to provide the accurate documented information, a fine of CNY10,000 or up to CNY30,000, shall be imposed.
ii. These documents must be submitted prior to the proposed flight and kept on file.
iii. The information of crew and passengers on the General Declaration must be identical to their respective valid passports or travel documents.
iv. Full details are defined as below:
• Full name
• Date of birth
• Passport number (the one with the China Visa)
• Passport expiration date
- Since 17DEC 2013, CAAC has performed the following regulations on foreign private/business flight operating into China.
i. Slot restrictions:
• ZBAA, ZSSS, ZSPD, ZGSZ, ZGGG: one business jet cannot occupy two peak hour slots (0001Z – 1359Z) at the same airport in one day.
• ZSSS and ZSPD will be regarded as one airport, which means we cannot operate ZSSSS – XXXX – ZSPD during 0000Z-1359Z.
• ZBAA: No slot for take-off during 2300Z-0059Z.
• ZBAA: No restriction during 1600Z-2159Z.
• ZBAA: During 2200Z-1559Z, CAAC only issues 2 slots/hour. One for foreign registered aircraft, one for domestic.
• ZSSS: 1600Z – 2159Z CAAC will not issue permit for landing / take-off due to curfew.
2200Z – 2300Z, Please check NOTAMS before operation.
2300Z – 1459Z, Foreign registered aircrafts are not allowed to operate to / from the east northeast direction.
For example: (RKSI – ZSSS), (ZSSS – PANC), (ZSSS – ZYTL).
ii. China Landing Permit:
• CAAC requires all requests (including revision) for landing permit must be submitted together with the sponsor letter one working day in advance before 0400Z. And the application should be submitted to CAAC no earlier than 4 working days.
• One China landing permit cannot be changed more than twice.
• One operation (in and out China) can only have 6 sectors.
iii. Operation to Domestic Airport:
• If your aircraft need to operate to an airport which is not available for foreign registered aircraft, then the local receiving party needs to provide a usual sponsor letter and a government sponsor letter. A Chinese navigator for this operation needs to be arranged as well. With the above information, an application has to be made for the permit to CAAC with 7 advanced working days. Once the application is submitted, it cannot be revised. Otherwise, the whole process has to be restarted.
• The final result of the permit is subject to the military consideration.
Airports and Routes:
- Normally, ZYJM, ZYMD, ZBLA are not opened to foreign private jets except Russian registration.
- Normally, ZYYJ, ZYMD, ZSWH are not opened to foreign private jets except South Korean registration.
- Overfly between “TELOK” and “BISUN” is not permitted.
- Aircraft with MTOW less than 7 tons or turbo-propeller aircraft are normally not permitted to operate in the airports which have more than 200 flights per day.
- Foreign aircraft is not permitted to fly between mainland China FIR and Taiwan FIR without making a stop at a 3rd region/country airport.
Sponsor and Sponsor Letter:
- A sponsor must be a company located in one of the cities that the aircraft will land during the trip.
- A Chinese government department also can act as a sponsor.
- Travel agency (tourism purpose), hotel (accommodation purpose), representative office of foreign company are not qualified to be a sponsor.
- Sponsor letter is a must document for landing permit processing except fuel-stop permit.
- The letter must include: background information of the inviting company, purpose of the flight, aircraft registration, flight number, aircraft type, full schedule, passenger detail information, contact methods of the sponsor.
Private Flight with Large Aircraft (more than 30seats):
- The aircraft must private owned or owned by non-commercial aviation company. Otherwise, the landing permit will be processed thru charter procedure which is very complicated and restrictive.
- In order to avoid unnecessary trouble, please check with us about the permit issue when you intend to operate such a charter flight into China
Business Jet is not allowed to land at ZSNJ from 11AUG to 31AUG except for the ones attending YOUTH OLYMPIC GAMES,
ZYCC and ZYTX:
Tow-bar is required for business jet coming to ZYCC and ZYTX airport.
Overnight parking at ZYTX should be applied in advance and depend on airport authority’s final approval.
AD NOT AVBL FOR ALTN DUE TO WIP. 1700-2330 DLY, 02 AUG 17:00 2014 UNTIL 29 SEP23:30 2014 ESTIMATED.
RWY16/34 CLSD DUE TO WIP. 2000-2300 EVERY FRI, 08 AUG 20:00 2014 UNTIL 29 AUG23:00 2014.
RWY15/33 CLSD DUE TO MAINT. 2000-2300 EVERY FRI, 08 AUG 20:00 2014 UNTIL 26 DEC23:00 2014.
RWY16/34 CLSD DUE TO MAINT. 2000-2300 EVERY SUN, 03 AUG 20:00 2014 UNTIL 28 DEC23:00 2014
BIRDS ACTIVITY WILL TAKE PLACE OVER MOVEMENT AREA, HEIGHT:1M-150M. 31 JUL 10:18 2014 UNTIL 31 AUG 15:59 2014 ESTIMATED.
RWY18R/36L NOT AVBL FOR LANDING. 1601-2300 JUL 31-AUG 9 AND 20-30, 31 JUL 16:01 2014 UNTIL 30 AUG 23:00 2014.
RWY18L/36R CLSD.ACFT SHALL CROSS RWY18L/36R VIA TWY H4. 1730-2300 DLY, 20 AUG 17:30 2014 UNTIL 30 AUG 23:00 2014.
RWY18R/36L CLSD.ACFT SHALL CROSS RWY18R/36L VIA TWY H1, TWY H4 AND TWY H7. 1700-2230 DLY, 10 AUG 17:00 2014 UNTIL 19 AUG 22:30 2014.
AD NOT AVBL FOR ALTN DUE TO SHORTAGE OF PARKING STAND, EXCEPT EMERGENCY.
RWY02L/20R CLSD DUE TO WIP. 18 AUG 16:01 2014 UNTIL 18 AUG 22:30 2014.
RWY02R/20L PROHIBITED TO TAKE-OFF AND LANDING.RWY02R/20L NORTH OF TWY CG (INCLUSIVE) AVBL FOR TAXIING. 1830-2230, 18 AUG 18:30 2014 UNTIL 19AUG 22:30 2014
RWY02L/20R CENTER LINE LIGHTS U/S DUE TO WIP. 27 JUN 09:03 2014 UNTIL 20 SEP15:59 2014.
RWY02L/20R CLSD DUE TO MAINT. 1830-2200 ON EVERY WED AND THU, 07 AUG 18:30 2014UNTIL 25 SEP 22:00 2014.
RWY02R/20L CLSD DUE TO MAINT. 1830-2200 ON EVERY SUN MON AND TUE, 27 JUL 18:30 2014 UNTIL 23 SEP 22:00 2014